Madison County Felony DUI Attorney
If you were arrested for DUI following a traffic stop or you were in an accident while driving with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08 or above, you may be facing serious consequences, particularly if someone was injured, if your license was suspended for DUI or if you have previous convictions on your record.
Illinois DUI penalties can include the loss of your license, heavy fines and greatly increased insurance premiums. If you were charged with aggravated DUI, a felony, the penalties can escalate into significant jail time, so it is extremely important to have the help of a seasoned DUI defense lawyer who knows exactly how to represent you.
At Polinske & Associates, P.C., we have defended thousands of drivers against DUI charges of all kinds, including aggravated DUI. Our attorneys know the system inside and out, and we will work hard to reduce the consequences in your DUI matter, even if there are a number of DUIs in your past. Read about some of our recent successes.
What to Do (and What Not to Do) if You Have Been Stopped
If you have been arrested for a DUI, you have the right to fight the charges. Never think that just because you "failed" the breathalyzer test, the state has an ironclad case. As your attorneys, we will fight aggressively on your behalf. If you've been stopped for a DUI:
- Do not allow yourself to be intimidated by the police
- Do not answer preliminary questions about where you've been and how much you have had to drink — you do have the right to remain silent
- Do ask why you were stopped
- Do not submit to questioning without an attorney present
- Do call an attorney immediately
- Do not delay — you typically have only 90 days from the time you were arrested to request a hearing
- Do not submit to any field sobriety testing. You have an absolute right to refuse.
Every DUI arrest situation is different, so it is important to seek legal advice about your particular circumstances.
Edwardsville Aggravated DUI Attorney
Contact us to speak to an attorney with real experience in aggravated DUI defense. We will be happy to answer your questions.