Madison County Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
Many seniors are injured each year as a result of neglect in nursing homes, assisted living facilities and other care centers in Illinois; sometimes residents and patients die as a result of improper care. The law provides legal recourse for these residents and their families, which typically takes the form of lawsuits to recover financial damages from the responsible party.
If you suspect that a family member experienced harm as a result of negligence or abuse, our attorneys can help you hold a facility or hospital accountable. At Polinske & Associates, P.C., we work with clients whose loved ones have been hurt in the following ways:
- Broken hips, broken bones and other serious injuries from falls
- Bedsores (also known as decubitus ulcers, pressure sores and pressure ulcers) that typically form when residents are kept in the same position without being moved. These sores, which can form on the feet, elbows, buttocks and other body parts, can be painful and can become infected.
- Errors in the administration of medication, including incorrect doses and missed doses
- Malnutrition and dehydration
- Poor personal care and hygiene
- Physical or sexual abuse by attendants, staff or other residents
Nursing home injuries can be troubling for families. If you are unsure about how to proceed, we can provide guidance and help you explore your options.
Contact an Edwardsville Nursing Home Injury Lawyer for Advice
If you are concerned about possible nursing home negligence, contact an experienced Illinois personal injury lawyer for a free consultation. As a small law firm committed to assisting our clients on a one-to-one basis, we can help you understand your legal options and decide how to pursue appropriate action.